Hi, I'm Donalee, just a local, island girl, who loves makeup and skin care. I'm a licensed Aesthetician/ Makeup Artists. My clients include brides, content creators, models and brands who need them or anyone else who wants gorgeous makeup done. I first learned about skincare when I worked at Sephora back in 2017. I never understood the importance of skincare because at the time, I only used harsh soaps and body lotions on my face. My skin never felt its best until after I adopted a minimal skincare routine. I learned that the skin on your body has different needs than your face, and your eyes also have different needs than the rest of your face. The molecules in your body lotion are too big to penetrate your face and the ones in your face cream are too big to penetrate your under-eye areas.
Do not feel overwhelmed by all the various skincare brands and steps that you may see on the internet. It will get easier over time. Here are some things to consider:
1. Find your skin type (normal, oily, dry, combination or sensitive)
2. Find a brand or products that will benefit your skin type. For example, I am oily in the T zone (forehead, nose and chin) and I'm dry on my cheeks.
3. Don't be afraid to try different products until you find what works for you.
4. Your skincare products should consist of a toner, serum, eye cream, and moisturizer. (You may use additional oils if your skin can manage) A good SPF should be used daily, and face masks are good to do a couple times a week for added benefits.
These are the products that I use to achieve a healthy glowing face/skin:
1. Fat Water toner by Fenty Beauty.
2. Sunday Riley CEO Vitamin C serum and Lactic Acid serum.
3. Tacha Violet- C Radiance Masks or Dr. Dennis Gross Exfoliating Peel Pads.
4. Fesh Black Tea Age Delay Eye Cream.
5. Tacha Dewy Skin Cream Moisturizer.
6. Josie Maran Argan Oil.
7. Supergoop SPF 40 pr 50.
Though it may be scary, don't be afraid to ask questions and do your own research. As you take these small steps, you will be amazed at how beautiful your skin can be. You can find me on Instagram @beautybydonalee or visit my website beautybydonalee.com